The benefits of peptides for the skin
Peptides are an efficient way to combat skin-aging. Polypeptides signal the skin's building blocks, giving the skin a boost. What are peptides, what do they do and is it wise to add this ingredient to your daily skincare routine? We tell you more!
What are peptides?
Peptides, also known as polypeptides, are building blocks of proteins such as elastin and collagen fibers. These fibers occur naturally in our bodies and provide firmness and elasticity. Polypeptides are made up of amino acids. These cause the skin to produce more collagen. The shorter chain of peptides allows them to penetrate deep into the skin.
Without peptides, your skin would be less firm and resilient, making you more prone to wrinkles.
How do peptides work in skin care?
Peptides, if they are the right molecular size, have the ability to penetrate the skin and reach the dermal layers. Unlike proteins such as collagen, peptides are small enough to effectively penetrate the epidermis.
Skin care products with peptides often contain different types and combinations. By combining peptides with antioxidants and other skin-healing ingredients, you can give the skin of the face, neck and décolleté a huge boost. By applying peptides to the skin, the skin thinks it has lost collagen. This sends signals to skin cells to produce more elastin and collagen and increases collagen levels in the skin. The skin will feel smoother, softer and firmer.
So daily use of a cream or serum containing peptide should provide plenty of skin benefits. The higher the concentration, the more effective the action.
Different types of peptides in skin care
There are different types of peptides, each with its own function for the skin.
- Transporter peptides: These deliver trace elements into the skin to increase the production of collagen and elastin.
- Neurotransmitter peptides: These are peptides that have a botulin-like action in the skin. These peptides block the release of chemicals in the skin that cause your muscles to contract.
- Signal transduction peptides: This form of peptides send signals to various layers in the skin that it is time to produce collagen and elastin again.
- Dipeptides: A dipeptide is a molecule composed of two amino acids bound together. Dipeptides are used in cosmetics for their ability to protect, repair and firm the skin by stimulating collagen synthesis and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Peptides act to stimulate the production of elastin. As more elastin is produced in the skin, the skin will look and feel tighter and firmer.
In addition, it also stimulates the production of collagen. Collagen levels in the body decrease after the age of 25. This makes the skin less radiant and hydrated. The peptides send a signal to the skin cells causing them to produce more collagen.
Besides stimulating the skin cells are also strengthened. The peptides ensure that the skin barrier is strengthened. A strong skin barrier can better protect your body from harmful external influences. Strong skin cells are essential for a strong skin barrier.
Peptides have very hydrating properties. Especially when combined with hyaluronic acid, the skin gets a huge hydration boost that will leave the skin glowing.
Peptides help counteract signs of skin aging. The stimulation of elastin and collagen provide a youthful appearance that reduces wrinkles and fine lines on the face, neck and décolleté.
Furthermore, they accelerate cell renewal, regulate melanin production and fight against oxidative stress.
20% introduction discount on the peptides bundle
Be quick, this is a limited time offer!
NECK AND décolleté RITUAL
Follow these steps both in the morning and at night to firm the skin and reduce wrinkles.
- Cleanse your face, neck, and décolleté with our Skin Cleanser.
- Apply a small amount of the Peptide Face Cream to your fingertips and gently massage onto your face until absorbed.
- After cleansing your skin, apply the Peptide Lotion to your neck and décolleté until absorbed. It helps restore your skin's pH level and allows for better absorption of subsequent products.
- Then gently massage the Peptide Serum onto your neck and décolleté until absorbed. This serum gives your skin a real anti-wrinkle boost.
- Finally, use the Peptide Cream. Gently massage it onto your neck and décolleté for optimal care and rejuvenation.
Types of peptides in RevitalTrax skin care
All skin care products in the RevitalTrax peptide line contain the following types of peptides:
Peptides are most effective in serums and creams for the face, neck and décolleté. Combining products with peptides and hyaluronic acid or vitamin C, will boost effectiveness. Avoid using peptides in combination with fruit acids. This may reduce their effectiveness.
SHOP THE PEPTIDES COLLECTION
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.