What is collagen and why should I use it?
Collagen is an important protein in our body. Young skin contains up to 80% collagen, which provides firmness and elasticity. After the age of 25, collagen production in the skin can start to decrease which can cause less firmness and elasticity, so it is very important to keep collagen levels high.
What is collagen used for?
Collagen is good for the skin.
The skin consists of several layers of skin. The epidermis is the skin we see from the outside. The dermis is the skin that follows underneath and it is this that is mainly composed of collagen.
Collagen is an important structural component in the fight against skin aging. It keeps the skin firm and elastic making it look fresh and youthful.
Our bodies produce collagen, but this production can decrease after the age of 25. This can lead to a loss of fullness in the skin and the appearance of wrinkles. Aging skin means a loss of collagen in the skin.Adding collagen to the skin's structure can help reduce skin aging. You can think of beautiful, firm skin with fewer wrinkles and fine lines. Look at the image where the reduction is clearly seen.
If Ester-C® (vitamin C) is present in a supplement, it contributes to the formation of collagen, which is important for cartilage and bones.
At what age is collagen recommended?
From the age of 25 collagen production may decrease, so you can choose to take extra collagen through the collagen anti-aging complex. Even at an advanced age, for example past 65, you can continue to consume it.
Different ways of administering collagen
There are different ways to administer collagen. These include creams, injectable collagen, drinkable collagen - you can even supplement collagen with food!
Collagen in creams
Collagen creams can provide good temporary care for the outer layer of your skin. It will retain moisture better.
For a longer effect, we recommend a cream with, for example, hyaluronic acid. No other biological substance can retain so much moisture, up to 1000 times its own weight.
You can also stimulate collagen production by using skin care products with vitamins C and retinol as main ingredients.
RevitalTrax's serums contain hyaluronic acid, vitamin C and retinol.
This is a cosmetic procedure. Collagen is injected deep into the skin, passing through the epidermis. This method literally fills in wrinkles.
Injectable collagen has immediate results that last up to about three to six months. After that time, the collagen is absorbed by the body and the effect slowly wears off.
Today, hyaluronic acid is mainly used for injections, yet the use of collagen injections has decreased significantly.
Supplementing collagen through foods
You can also ingest collagen easily. Think of a diet with good proteins and oils, fiber, fatty acids, fruits and vegetables. Here are some examples of foods rich in collagen.
This is not enough to make up for the loss of collagen, so fortunately there is also another efficient way to get the desired amounts of collagen. That way is by drinking collagen supplements.
- Meat contains rich sources of collagen and protein, especially beef, chicken, turkey, lamb, beef and venison. Broth also contains large amounts of collagen.
- Oily fish has a lower collagen content than meat, however, fish scales contain a lot of collagen.
- Eating fruits and vegetables is always good. Red varieties contain a lot of lycopene, which helps in the production of collagen. Red peppers, tomatoes, carrots, white cabbage, spinach, eggplant, avocado and endive are also beneficial for the production of collagen.lágeno.
- Also choose sulfur-rich foods to promote collagen production. These include celery, leeks, green and black olives, cucumbers, garlic, onions, bananas and tofu.
- There are other foods that are important for the production of collagen in your skin. For example, soy milk, cheese, tea and nuts. Products rich in lysine, such as brewer's yeast, potatoes and algae, are also essential for maintaining collagen.
This is an easy alternative to rejuvenate your skin. Daily use of drinkable collagen has a positive impact on skin care and reduces the visible signs of aging.
RevitalTrax anti-aging collagen complex is a drinkable beauty supplement containing 5 grams of VERISOL® patented bioactive collagen peptides, Ester-C®, Zinc and Biotin.
VERISOL® collagen is scientifically proven to nourish the skin from the inside out and visibly reduce the signs of aging. It reduces wrinkles and fine lines and helps skin look more radiant. It makes the skin of the face and body softer, smoother and more supple.
Different types of collagen
There are many types of collagen. The first three types are the most important.
- Type 1 collagen comprises 90% of collagen in our body. It is found mainly in skin, hair, nails, bones, joints, ligaments, cartilage, connective tissue, tendons and blood vessels.
- Type 2 collagen is found mainly in the joints, intervertebral discs, ribs, nose, larynx and trachea.
- Type 3 collagen is found mainly in the skin, blood vessels and tissues for wound repair.
RevitalTrax Anti-Aging Collagen Complex
RevitalTrax Anti-Aging Collagen Complex is a drinkable beauty supplement containing 5000 mg of patented bioactive VERISOL® with collagen and peptides (Type 1), 100 mg Ester-C®, 10 mg Zinc and 2 mg Biotin.
VERISOL® Collagen is proven to nourish the skin from the inside out and reduce the visible signs of aging. It reduces wrinkles, fine lines and helps skin look more radiant. It makes facial skin softer, smoother and more supple.
Biotin helps to improve hair volume and contributes to stronger and shinier hair.
Ester-C® (vitamin C) contributes to the formation of collagen, helps protect against the effects of pollution and sunlight, supports bones and plays a role in the creation and formation of cartilage.
Zinc helps maintain healthy skin, is good for nails and helps ensure good resistance.
It is individually packaged, so it is very easy to use. It can be mixed in both hot and cold drinks, even in smoothies or yogurts. Preferably in the morning on an empty stomach or 2 hours after the last meal for better absorption.
We recommend using 1 bar per day. After a period of 2 or 3 months, you can reduce the dose to 1 bar every 2 days (Monday to Friday, etc.) as a maintenance dose.More information